Welcome to my blog


Thank you for taking the time to look at my plaque work. I've been sculpting specifically for the plaque industry for about a decade now. I've worked with many of the major architectural signage foundries in the U.S. as well as their many dealers across the country. I am particularly capable of capturing likeness on bas relief portraits. I've sculpted portraits of famous people, private families, pets, and poeple of note from various institutions. My pricing is fair and my lead times are very reasonable, about 2 weeks. Rush services are available.

In addition to portraits, I can produce scenery, animals, buildings, lettering and custom borders and patterns. I have sculpted government and military seals of various sizes. I have taken flat relief patterns and created sculpted versions from them. My carpentry skills make various kinds of custom patterns also available. I make molds and resin patterns for all of my pieces so that if damage occurs anywhere along the way after approval, I can quickly and inexpensively re-produce the same pattern within a few days.

I would love to provide you with sculpted imagery for your plaques. Please contact me to discuss your next project, (801) 477-4188.

Soldier



I always enjoy sculpting faces of those our heroes who have died fighting for us. I feel reverence as I stare at their faces for hours. It makes me reflect on their great sacrifices and how I benefit from them.
This one gave me some problems though on the sculpting. I kept feeling like the photo was squeezed down vertically, giving the face a more squatty appearance. I aqcuired some other photos of the subject for reference and discovered I was correct, so I slightly elongated the face. I'm not sure I got it exactly right but they approved it. Nice looking bronze plaque in the end.